Saturday, May 23, 2015

How Was It First Time Flying?

In my 28 years, I can confess that I have never ridden a flying plane (The last one I boarded was just for field trip purposes). But that has ended with my recent trip to Davao, particularly Tagum City where I attended the Palarong Pambansa 2015. Since the trip would require air travel, knowing about my trip there made it very exciting as I can finally say that it will be my first airplane ride (and back).

It was with Cebu Pacific that I would make my maiden flight, and luckily their terminal is at NAIA Terminal 3 which has a better location and structure among the terminals in Metro Manila. Although, there has been improvements on the other terminal which I have to see and experience in the future. 


It maybe my first time to fly, but I am not new to airports. I have been to all of the terminals for various reasons, but never the one to fly. And since it is my first I am also nervous since there has been to many news of aircraft crashes and mishaps that are quite frequent. But since I have good friends with me, it makes the trip memorable and enjoyable.

Upon riding the plane, I thought I would have the window seat, however I got the middle seat which is also not bad since I still have a view of the outside near me. However, it was quite unfortunate that my seatmate had a baby with her, and yes to my fear the baby was crying almost throughout the flight.

The feeling of going airborne is new to my system, with the lift off and the landing changes the orientation of the plane is like a roller coaster ride inside a closed car. I did enjoy the view of the clouds and had to take a picture of them as part of my personal memorabilia.  It was also quite fun to see city lights at night when we landed in Davao. In our flight back to Manila, the view of the metro is also quite interesting with a new point of view.

Airport procedures maybe quite tedious due to security, but I am good with it just as long as flights are on time. The first flight to Davao was delayed by 30-45 mins due to the plane being late, or probably delayed due to air traffic. The return flight was slightly delayed by order of the controls in Manila, and the experience is so much better without crying babies.

I am looking forward to more flights in the future, and hopefully international flights soon, I would need to work on my passport! Indeed the first flight was a memory I will cherish, and for those who are also looking forward to their first flight soon, my only tips are to follow rules and enjoy the journey, never stress and enjoy each moment flying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment