Saturday, May 13, 2017

My Quick Summer Getaway at Hotel Jen!

I just finished with my graduation rites last Friday which I also squeezed in a meeting in the morning and an event at night. I believe I deserve a little rest and recreation before I go back to work on Monday and also face the upcoming holy week.

It was just in time that I decided to take an overnight stay at Hotel Jen located along Roxas boulevard and also just across CCP. Hotel Jen is formerly Traders Hotel which is now under a new brand Hotel Jen which is part of the Shangri La Hotels and Resorts. The building was renovated with a more modern look with some of the classic design preserved that actually works.

Hotel Jen is known throughout the ASEAN region an also have branches in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore and recently here in Manila. The feel of the hotel is geared towards the Millenial generation with its modern furniture, marketing campaigns and service.

When I first came here for a press conference, I did notice the ambiance of excitement and vitality with its sights and sounds. They have multi-colored furniture mixed with interactive decors which introduces their social media accounts, promos and campaigns.

The room we had is facing CCP and Roxas boulevard going north, it had a great view of Manila Bay and the CCP complex. It has the usual amenities but it was better than similar hotels of its class. The location is prime however it would take some walking to get to convenience stores and restaurants.

What I love about the hotel is the actual room which was renovated to be comfortable and very functional. Complete with the amenities, the design of the room looks really simple yet it was ergonomic, perfect for people who would also needs to work while on staycation. The part that I really loved is the bathroom which was awesome lighting and bathtub!

They also have a pool and fitness center which still has that original structures. It maybe old but its purpose was never diminished, to provide a cool dip for guests. At 7PM onwards you can also take a great view of the night skyline at their Windoys By The Bay which has a great bar!

We also got to taste the buffet called Latitude which has this cosy feel perfect for a breakfast buffet. Among the menu choices, I highly recommend the Filipino and American dishes which is a blockbuster to guests.

Our staycation was indeed fun even for a short time. Though I would love to make anothey stay here when there will be big events near the CCP area like concerts, plays, Pasinaya, etc.


I can say that Hotel Jen is a "millennial" hotel with its charm and hospitality. They are also online at https://www.hoteljen.com/ for promos and events.




No comments:

Post a Comment