Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Naga City First Timer


Its my first time in the Bicol region and its also my first time at Naga City. As part of our field trip in Engineering College, the route is decided to go down south, further than my Quezon trip back in 2011. Now i finally touched Bicolano soil. The first stop over is in Naga City Camarines Sur.

Naga known to be the hometown of political heroes like Jesse Robredo and Raul Roco, the city is the most progressive city in bicolandia. The busy streets are very similar to the city of Manila. With districts similar to Binondo and Divisoria, this is what I. An describe Naga Central. With business and culture mixed in this active district, all seems to be just few blocks away from each other.  

What I love of this part of the city is its monuments and churches which looks well maintained better than the nation's capital. As the city gives homage to Nuestra Señora De Peñafrancia, the patroness of the Bicol region, with street signs and mini grottos in most places in Naga.

We also visited some essential places (related to engineering of course) like the National Grid Corporation Station and ABS CBN Naga. Though the provincial capital is Pili, Naga plays part as the business and cultural center of Camarines Sur.

I have to go back to Naga since I have not explored the city that much and hopefully in time for the Peñafrancia festival. Despite the distance, I think it is a worthy journey for me.

This is part of my Bicol adventure called #UragonWeekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment